As you all know, I am a mother of three beautiful girls. In order to master the daily routine with three kids under three – I need to be caffeinated …..and I started to do lists! Beside the to-do-lists, I recently have put together a list of things that are important to me and worth it to share, these are things to teach my daughters when they are growing up.
1. You are absolutely and undeniably unique. You are one of a kind, and there is no one like you in the world. BE YOURSELF. It will draw people to you for the rest of your life.
2. Life is not a race. Never compare yourself to where the people around you are. Your plan is different than anyone else’s plan. Remember that.
3. Always set goals. Even small ones. We are creatures of progression. Post your goals where you can see them and always picture yourself accomplishing them.
4. Lists are your friend. Make them, and enjoy the glorious feeling of crossing off an item.
5. Step outside your comfort zone. You’ll be surprised.
6. Everything is always okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.
7. Nothing you, my girls, do can make me stop loving you.
8. Beauty truly comes from the inside. Believe that. The media lies. Don’t compare yourself or your looks. Comparison is the thief of joy. YYou ARE beautiful.
9. Read your scriptures. It has the answers to all the problems you’ll face. And if you don’t think so, read harder.
10. We don’t stop playing when we get old. We get old because we stop playing.
11. Friends will make or break you. Seek out good friends. Be the kind of friend you wish you had.
12. Don’t be a people-pleaser. Just be honest and do what’s right, even if it’s not popular.
13. When you start feeling sorry for yourself, find someone to serve. Do something nice for someone. Making cookies is a good start.
14. Chronic complaining is unattractive. Develop your problem solving skills. If you aren’t willing to make the proper change, you aren’t allowed to whine about the problem.
15. Never deny an adventure.
16. Keep a journal/ Start blogging. Write your story. It’s therapy.
17. Your papa works so hard to support our family. He loves me and you so much. He makes time to laugh and have fun with us every single day. He is happy and patient. I don’t know how he does it, but make sure you find someone like him to marry.
18. Don’t be afraid to do things yourself.
19. Part of doing things yourself is making mistakes. Mistakes can always be fixed.
20. You never know who is watching and looking up to you. Never forget that you are always an example to someone.
21. Be kind to everyone. Even strangers. You don’t know what they are going through. Treat everyone you meet like it’s their birthday.
22. Hard work will get you further than anything in life.
23. Learn to see the beauty in the world. It’s all around. You just have to open your eyes.
24. Take road trips often.
25. There is more to life than money. Money can never make you happy. Debt will rot your soul. Avoid unnecessary debt.
26. Music is a language best understood by the heart.
27. Laugh every single day. A sense of humor is worth gold.
28. Happiness is a journey. It’s a mood. It is NOT a destination. You can be happy amidst trials.
29. Always eat breakfast.
30. A bowl of popcorn and Singing In the Rain will mend a heart.
31. You’re never too busy for a long bubble bath.
32. I will never get mad at you for staying up too late reading a good book.
33. Be detail oriented.
34. No excuses. Just woman-up and get things done!
35. A good pair of running shoes is an investment.
36. Trust takes a long time to earn, be so careful to not break that with your friends and family.
37. Make friends with your cousins.
38. There’s no such thing as too many pillows.
39. A strong man isn’t threatened by a strong woman.
40. Womanhood is a gift.
41. The painful truth is always better than a messy lie.
42. Good communication is a skill that should always be worked on.
43. When it rains, pause to go jump in a puddle. Dance, while you’re at it.s.
44. Understand your worth. If someone isn’t willing to treat you like a daughter of God, they aren’t worth your time. Don’t ever ever settle just to save yourself from being alone.
45. As per your papa, girls can like Star Wars too.
46. Never play the victim. If bad things happen, it’s for a reason. We rise from the ashes. We don’t feel sorry for ourselves.
47. Faith has a short shelf life. Never assume you’re “safe” from falling. I made that mistake, and it was hard to fix. But always remember, it CAN be fixed. It is just really really hard.
48. It’s not your place to judge. Ever.
49. Forgive. Even when they never say sorry.
50. Don’t ever count on somebody else to make you happy.
51. Be brave enough to try new foods at least once.
52. Be the first to volunteer when someone needs help.
53. Get a library card.
54. Fight for what matters.
55. Learn something from everyone.
56. Nobody likes a know-it-all.
57. Mean everything you say. Keep your word. Don’t trifle words.
58. Don’t live in the past. You can’t drive forward if you’re stuck looking in a rear view mirror. You will keep crashing. Look FORWARD, and occasionally glance back to keep things in check.
59. Don’t wait for things to happen. Make them happen.
60. Drink lots of water.
61. Most of the things you worry about never happen.
62. I will always want to hear from you, my daughters.
63. Being passive aggressive is immature. When you have a problem with something or someone, do the right thing and talk to them about it. It’s hard. But it’s better.
64 Never attack the person. Attack the problem.
65. It never hurts to ask.
66. You can’t change what people think about you. Be your best self, and that is enough.
67. Cardigan weather is the best weather.
68. If you’re bored, organize your closet.
69. Girls can use power tools too.
70. Get to know yourself. And LOVE yourself. But remember, it’s not always about YOU. Think of others, and be there to lift them up.
71. Your life has a reason, and you have a great work to do. Look for opportunities around you to make a difference.
72. Being consistent is the best way to not have drama.
73. People watching is never a waste of time.
74. If someone tells you getting your pilot’s license is impossible, they are wrong.
75. Take LOTS of pictures.